Capitol Credit Union’s Overdraft Protection options allow funds to be transferred from a previously linked account (share savings, money market, line of credit) to a checking account to ensure the item is paid. Overdraft Protection does not allow the account to overdraw in the event an item attempts to clear.
- Ensure items are paid with transfers of funds from a previously linked account to your checking account
- Overdraft Protection does not allow the account to overdraw in the event an item attempts to clear
- Two overdraft protection options available:
- Line of Credit ($0 per transfer, transfers in $100 increments)
- Share Savings/Money Market ($4 per transfer, transfers in $25 increments, subject to Regulation D limitations)*
- Save time and embarrassment from rejected transactions
On November 12, 2009, the Federal Reserve Board released its final ruling prohibiting financial institutions from charging consumers overdraft fees on ATM and one-time debit transactions, unless the consumer opts in to the overdraft service for those types of transactions.
In order to help our members better understand this regulation, we’ve compiled a list of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) as a reference tool. Should you have additional questions or concerns please contact us directly.