News & Events
Dollars & Sense
View latest : Dollars & Sense - Summer 2022
Domain Branch Lobby Now Open to Members
Updated July 5th 2021
It’s been a long road coming and we’re proud to announce that the Domain Branch is now open to Members! The Capitol Credit Union Team, board of Directors and affiliates are grateful to all Capitol Credit Union Members for the patience they have exercised during the transition. Our team has worked hard during this process to make it as convenient as possible to our membership while looking into every concern raised during the move. We hope the FAQs below will help address some of your questions. CCU members are the reason we strive to daily deliver the best service, latest technology, and overall convenience.
FAQs for the New Domain Location
- Is the Domain branch going to have a Drive-Thru?
- Instead of a drive-thru, we will now have two new depository ATMs that will allow you to transact business and make cash and check deposits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our Interactive Teller Machine (ITMs) is video- enabled and designed to provide you with live assistance from our member service representatives (during business hours) while you conduct business. Our depository ATM in a 24X7 vestibule at the Domain location will give you easy access to make Cash & check deposits as well. So, you have 2 options instead of just 1!
- Is the old branch on Duval Road going to close completely?
- Yes, however we will have a video enabled Interactive Teller Machine (ITM) near the current Burnet Road location to assist with your transactions.
- How far are you moving from the current Burnet Location?
- The new Domain branch will be a walkable distance from the old location. Approximately a 5min walk and a 2 min drive. It is located across the street from Wholefoods! You may view map online, https://bit.ly/3qCOMmZ.
- Will the new branch be handicap accessible?
- Yes, there will be handicap parking in the garage and there is access to the Credit Union by following the sidewalk around the Spectrum side of the building, leading right to our front doors.
- What about after-hours transactions?
- In addition to the video enabled Interactive Teller Machine (ITM) located near our current Burnet Road location, our new location will have a deposit enabled smart ATM for quick and easy transactions. So, you have 2 options instead of just 1!
- What happens if I have problems with a transaction at the ITM or deposit enabled smart ATM after hours?
- You may leave a message with our member service center, and we will contact you on the following business day.
- What will happen to my current Safe Deposit Box?
- If you have a current Safe Deposit Box, it has been transferred to the new location and is available for you to access it during our normal business hours. If you are interested in renting a Safe Deposit Box, we have boxes available. Please ask our member services for more information.
Effective July 1, 2018 - Remote Deposit Endorsement Changes
Posted June 25, 2018
Per Reg CC changes, Mobile Deposits will now require a restrictive endorsement in order for the members check images to be accepted for mobile deposit processing.
All mobile deposited checks will require a printed endorsement with these four words “For Mobile Deposit Only” and the members Capitol Credit Union account number or printed endorsement with the words “For Mobile Deposit Only” at Capitol Credit Union . If a members handwriting is not clear, and the system is unable to read the “For Mobile Deposit Only” endorsement on the back of the check then their check image will not be accepted for processing. Once a check image is accepted by the system, If the credit union is not able to read the CCU account number or verbiage “at Capitol Credit Union”, then it will reject the mobile deposit for processing.
July 1st required Mobile deposit Endorsements that CCU will accept are:
Members signature matching payee name on front of the check on all official checks, insurance checks, state or government checks
And the exact endorsement of:
Option 1 ---- For Mobile Deposit Only at Capitol Credit Union
Option 2 ---- For Mobile Deposit Only #123456 (CCU acct#)
Making Travel Plans – Let Us Know
Posted on June 22, 2017
If you are traveling this season, let us know of any Capitol Credit Union ATM, Debit, or Credit cards you will be using while you’re out of town. If we see transactions that are out of your normal usage patterns, and we are unaware of your travel plans, we may block your card to prevent further suspicious transactions. Make sure your contact information is up to date in case we do need to contact you regarding your accounts while you are traveling.
If you are traveling out of the country make note of the countries we currently block signature based transactions from, due to a high rate of fraud stemming from those countries.
We recommend you travel with several types of payment options, such as a debit card, credit card, and cash, in case one option doesn’t work at a particular place or merchant.
If you are planning on renting a car during your travels and would like to use your debit card as a payment method, please contact us prior to making payment arrangements with the agency as Capitol Credit Union blocks debit card transactions from car rental agencies as a result of certain car rental agencies’ policies and procedures.
If you don’t already have a debit card with your CCU checking account, contact us and we will be happy to order one for you.
If you are interested in a Capitol Credit Union credit card, you can apply online here.
Capitol Credit Union also offers a MasterCard ® Travel Card, a prepaid card that can be reloaded up to 23 times and used almost anywhere MasterCard is accepted. For more information on the MasterCard Travel Card, contact us.
Feel Secure When You Travel – Get Your Travel Card Today
Posted on June 21, 2017
Worried about traveling with a lot of cash or a card tied to your bank account? Frustrated exchanging currency or redeeming traveler’s checks in foreign countries? Ever lost your wallet on a trip? The travel card alleviates all these worries and lets you focus on more important things, like enjoying your vacation!
- Use it anywhere debit cards are accepted, including internationally
- Manage money on the go with text alerts
- Get cash at ATMs
- Reloadable for the life of the card
- No credit check* – just load and go
- Card and funds easily replaced if lost or stolen
- Reload via direct deposit, in-branch, online, or at participating Western Union locations
Visa ® prepaid cards and MasterCard ® prepaid cards are issued by MetaBank ® , Member FDIC.
*Subject to identification verification.