Be a Part of Our Award-Winning Team
Looking for Confident, Friendly People
Capitol Credit Union (CCU) is a community oriented, member-owned financial institution offering a full array of banking services. If you are a motivated, career minded, self-starter and have the desire to serve our members, please apply.
CCU offers a competitive compensation program and paid time off for employees working at least 25 hours per week.
Apply in person, mail, fax, or email your resume to:
Capitol Credit Union
P.O. Box 81647
Austin, TX 78708
Position Title: Accountant
Responsible for daily accounting work and routine journal entries. Follow standardized procedures in performing routine accounting general operations. Perform a variety of support duties related to the accounting function within the credit union.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of activities to assist the manager in maintaining the financial and accounting records of the credit union.
- Enter data into accounting systems and generate reports on a daily basis. Prepare various financial, regulatory, and special reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as requested by management.
- Complete ACH, Draft and Wire payment decisioning process with assistance from management.
- Process all necessary journal entry transactions related to Payroll, Prepaid, and Accrual
- Weekly cash order and ATM balancing and to make sure everything is in balance by completing daily account balancing process.
- Prepare accounting department reconciliations for managements review.
- Review and post employee expenses into the general ledger.
- Prepare accounts payable checks after receiving proper authorization.
- Track vendor contract key dates and collect and retain due diligence.
- Process incoming and outgoing wires
- Assist with month-end closing process.
- Maintain working knowledge of various accounting software programs
- Other duties, as assigned.
Degree in accounting or related field is preferred. In lieu of degree, minimum four years of professional experience in an accounting or finance setting, credit union or banking preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities, Licenses, etc.:
- Customer service, thoroughness, confidentiality, analyzing information, decision making, professionalism, and quality focus
- Ability to communicate well, verbally or written, with co-workers, customers, community members and management.
- Ability to comply with company and industry operating, safety standards, rules and regulations. Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Symitar, Banktel knowledge is desirable.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply manual dexterity to operate office equipment. Ability to view computer monitor or laptop screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with confidential information, materials, and files appropriately, professionally, & discreetly.
- Office environment
- Ability to adapt easily to changing work schedules.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, qualifications, efforts, or requirements associated with the position.
For an immediate consideration please submit your resume to Zeena Desai at [email protected]