Be a Part of Our Award-Winning Team
Looking for Confident, Friendly People
Capitol Credit Union (CCU) is a community oriented, member-owned financial institution offering a full array of banking services. If you are a motivated, career minded, self-starter and have the desire to serve our members, please apply.
CCU offers a competitive compensation program and paid time off for employees working at least 25 hours per week.
Apply in person, mail, fax, or email your resume to:
Capitol Credit Union
P.O. Box 81647
Austin, TX 78708
Call Center Representative
Reports To : Remote Member Experience Supervisor
Schedule : Approximately  hours per day,40 hours per week
Job Summary :
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Member Services Representative for our eBranch located at our North location, 11902 N. Burnet Road.
The Member Services Representative delivers solutions to make it easier for members to achieve their financial goals. The Member Services Representative also provides sales and service support to the Retail branch team.
- Previous call center, customer service, or retail sales experience (financial institution experience a plus)
- A positive, professional image at all times
- Be self-motivated and energetic
- Attention to detail and efficiency
- Ability to asses and manage member needs as well multitask
- Spanish speaking a plus
Part-Time Floating Teller (Ben White Branch)
Reports To : Member Experience Supervisor
Schedule : Approximately 20-28 hours per week
** Please Note: This position will rotate between multiple financial centers within the Austin Area, depending on staffing needs.
Job Summary :
As a financial center team member, a Teller must be able to demonstrate core behaviors to ensure extraordinary service is given to our members. Responsibilities include processing transactions based on member requests and build member loyalty by offering products and services that would benefit them. A successful Floating Teller will also demonstrate good judgement, problem solving skills, teamwork and must be able to travel to area branches as needed.
Essential Job Functions :
- Routinely processes a variety of financial transactions for members in a prompt, efficient, and accurate manner in accordance with Credit Union and regulatory compliance guidelines to include, but not limited to, deposits; withdrawals; transfers; check cashing; loan payments; cash advances; and gift card purchases.*
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record by ensuring a balanced teller drawer and exercising necessary due diligence to prevent monetary losses and errors to include completing various logs, forms, and reports to document transactions for audit and research purposes. **
- Proactively promoting credit union products and services by promoting, educating, and referring products and services to meet members’ financial needs and increase member retention. **
- Educating members regarding multiple delivery channels (such as online banking) and promoting their use for member convenience. **
- Identifies and prevents fraudulent transactions by routinely reading for fraud alerts; reviewing and inspecting each and every check, money order, draft and other negotiable instruments; verifying member identity and signature; reviewing the member's account history for suspicious activity and comments; and placing the appropriate hold on checks to avoid non-sufficient funds and/or return checks. **
- Assists and provides support to other team members, especially during peak or busy periods, including performing various branch operational tasks such as verifying incoming/outgoing cash, servicing coin machine, help with filing, scanning, auditing document images.**
- Providing account services support such as opening and closing accounts; access to statements, member account number cards, wire transfers, direct deposit forms, check orders, ATM & debit cards orders.*
- Other duties as assigned.
Education : High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience : Must have at least one (1) year of cash handling experience.
Skills/Technical Knowledge :
- Proficient mathematical skills to accurately count money; add, subtract, multiply, divide; and to record, balance, and/or check results for accuracy.
- Strong computer and keyboard skills which includes MS Word, Excel and Outlook, ten-key number pad or calculator by touch, and exposure to on-line account applications such as Symitar.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) when working with members or co-workers on accounts or other Credit Union services inquiries or information.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal regulations including BSA, Regulation E, Regulation CC, and the Teller roles and responsibilities relating to each act.
- Excellent customer service skills to interact with members in a positive, cooperative, and courteous manner.
- Strong orientation to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in processing transactions and detecting discrepancies.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and commitment to meeting and exceeding deadlines and goals.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in decisions regarding transaction approvals and member problem resolution
- Ability to recognize opportunities and cross-selling products and services to existing members and prospects.
Physical Demand Classification : LIGHT (Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds)
Physical and Communication Demands : Sits or stands for 4–8 hours within a given day while conducting member transactions.