Loan vs. Line of Credit
Loans and lines of credit each offer unique benefits. Find out which type of financing will help you carry out your plans best.
*2.25% APR - First Lien, 5-year maximum loan term. With Credit Approval. Rates are subject to change without notice. Membership required.
|Home Equity Loan||Home Equity Line of Credit|
|Funds available in simple lump sum||Yes||No|
|Funds available anytime without reapplying||No||Yes|
|Revolving credit – as principal is repaid, more becomes available for use||No||Yes|
|Ideal for short-term or one-time needs||Yes||No|
Ideal for ongoing or seasonal needs
Loans subject to approval. Additional terms, conditions, and restrictions may apply. Capitol Credit Union Membership required.
*APR is Annual Percentage Rate based on credit worthiness. The home equity line of credit APR is variable and is based on the highest Prime Rate published each month-end in The Wall Street Journal Money Rates Table (the "Index"), +/- a margin based on credit worthiness. The maximum APR is 18.00%. If necessary, additional fees may be required for title search, appraisal fee, lien recording fee and/or title company closing costs and document preparation fees. For more details Click Here
- Competitive rates for several short-term or recurring needs:
- Education expenses
- Major life events
- Home remodel projects
- Debt consolidation
- And more
- The existing equity in your home is used as collateral backing
- Term loan and line of credit options available
- Accommodating repayment terms that work uniquely for you
- The interest paid might be tax deductible**
- Local Central Texas decision-making and processing
- Helpful, customized service throughout the entire process
Home Improvements — Ahead of Schedule
Can’t wait to cook in your cutting-edge kitchen? Get up to $25,000 for home improvements the same day you’re approved — without putting up any collateral.